Tuesday, April 10, 2007

It's a Small World, a Tiny Jewish World

During the week of Passover, in Jerusalem, I ran into:

1) At a comedy show: A classmate of mine from graduate school, a Spanish woman who, at the time, was in the process of converting to Judaism. She has since undergone an Orthodox conversion and is now living here, but hasn't made Aliyah (not yet).

2) At a synagogue down the street: A woman from Newton, Sherry, with whom I sang in the Alto section of Koleinu, the Jewish Community Chorus of Boston. I had not seen her since I left the chorus a few years ago.

3) At a Shabbat dinner (I met the Australian hosts at the same comedy show): A young lady named Sarah who has made Aliyah but, just a few years before that, lived on Burnside Avenue, in Somerville! And the same side of the street as me, even.

No comments: